Sunday 23 October 2011

Fraud investigation basics - important for a learner.

Hi !!!

My passion towards financial forensics led me to apply for a job as trainee in one of the financial forensics firm (pardon me for not mentioning the name... I am not entitled to do it). I got selected too. but unfortunately I could not join due to personal reasons. but still today I regret to let lose the opportunity that knocked my door. During the interview process the following three points were delivered by a an Anti-fraud professional :-

1.Mere investigation is not the end to fraud detection. Investigation
encompasses examination, collection of evidence, preserving evidence,
preparing reports in a coherent manner and their presentation and
knowledge of using various fraud detection tools.
2. Investigation also needs a dynamic approach. Surveillance and field
visits are the in-thing in many kinds of investigation, For this you
need to possess qualities like courageousness, discreetness, calmness
and patience, analytic, a good memory retention ability multi-lingual
capability and good communication skills.
3. Every investigation will not meet with the desired end result. In
other words there is no guarantee to a success in all investigations.



I thought of sharing these for the friends like you who are interested in finding their career as an anti-fraud professional.


regards,
bhagirath ks

No comments:

Post a Comment